From Ol’ Remus. These were on his site for a long time, and they’re becoming more and more applicable as we move forward.
(via the International Spy Museum)
- Assume nothing.
- Never go against your gut.
- Everyone is potentially under opposition control.
- Don’t look back; you are never completely alone.
- Go with the flow, blend in.
- Vary your pattern and stay within your cover.
- Lull them into a sense of complacency.
- Don’t harass the opposition.
- Pick the time and place for action.
- Keep your options open
We are most definitely in a time where we can assume nothing. Your gut is increasingly your best-and maybe only-friend. Blending in a a good defense, currently. (Trust me, I’m very different in the Real World. Not a Gray Man, more of a Dirty White.) I’ve been varying patterns for years. I don’t harass the opposition; doing so when carrying a gun is not a good play. I’m looking at the time and places for action more so than ever before. My options are open, perhaps more so now than just a couple of weeks ago.