I listen (and support via Patreon) a prepping podcast, Prepping 2.0. (Link is to the web site, you can subscribe from there if you’d like.) The featured image as well as the saying is theirs, and it’s only half in jest.
But right now, I’m impatiently awaiting the collapse. I’m so sick and tired of the level of stuff and nonsense that is going on as the USA circles the drain of history that I’d really rather it just happened so we could get on with the business of living through it and the rebuilding after. Almost anything is better than watching the country that raised you, gave you a home, whose uniform your wore and that you love, going to hell in a handbasket at Warp 9.2.
Let me give you a little list of the stuff and nonsense just from today:
- I know there are a lot of good folks in New York State, but they’re outvoted (or perhaps outcheated) by NYC and its environs. New York Regulator Blocks New Fossil Fuel Power Plants. When it gets cold and New York goes dark, zero sympathy from this quarter. Burn some regulators to stay warm.
- A group of young Democrats/liberals/Communists try to gaslight the Virginia electorate as support for Terry McAuliffe falls off a cliff a week before election day. Of course, Democrats/liberals/Communists deny all knowledge of the stunt. Hey kids-want a free helicopter ride?
- I still think there should be a law that every time an officer uses his Taser, he gets tased his damnself. I’m tired of the cops being beyond punishment. And let’s open them up for civil liability while we’re at it. Maybe they’ll think these things through before they find themselves in a situation. “Hey, if I should happen up on a guy with a service dog and I need to take him into custody, how do I do this so I can’t get my ass sued off?” Oh, I don’t know…call in animal control to help, maybe?
- North Carolina middle school art assignment infuriates parents over sexual imagery and A Florida school board member reportedly accompanied elementary school students on a field trip to a gay bar. Look, just home school your kids for Pete’s sake. Public education is a cesspool in most places-you want your kids exposed to this kind of stuff?
- FDA Authorizes Pfizer Jabs For Children Between Ages 5 And 11. Sure, the CDC gets a say, as if they won’t approve this. For your kids sake, just don’t.
And I’ll stop at 5. But you get the picture.
Yes, there has been good news, but at this time it simply doesn’t make up for the sheer volume bad news. I don’t care if a RINO has decided to go home for good or about Wendy’s successful trolling of the Intertubz, it doesn’t remove the Communists from power or clean out the media nest of vipers. Right now, those are the things I want to see happening. Free helicopter rides for all of them.
It also hacks me off that I forgot Fine Art Tuesday. It’ll make a triumphant comeback next week.
I’m going to go get myself a double chocolate milkshake. Neuro-muscular doc will frown, but we’re not going to tell him, are we (as the sound of a helicopter warming up in the distance reaches our ears)?